THE LIEBSTER AWARD
I’m proud to announce that my blog, The Adventures of a Day Hiker, has been nominated for the Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is a little piece of recognition given out by the blogging community in order to discover new blogs!
I would like to thank Letters To Dutch for choosing my blog. I recommend everyone check out that blog. Lindsay runs a great lifestyle blog showcasing parenting ideas, easy recipes, craft ideas and lots more. I have two young children, so the blog has plenty of helpful tips and information for me.
I’ve been asked to answer a series of questions about myself…
Will you please describe your blog in a few sentences?
My blog is largely a compilation of photos and stories from my past travels throughout National Parks. I have also added some lists like my Travel Bucket List and Ten Favorite “Outdoorsy” Books. Many of my posts come from my book, The Adventures of a Day Hiker. I’m continuing to add more posts that are from othr places, though.
Why do you blog?
I guess the biggest thing is I enjoy having the creative outlet. I like sharing my photos and stories and getting positive feedback. I also hope that if people like my blog they will check out my book.
What will your audience gain from reading your posts?
Well, I hope they will be entertained and perhaps learn something, depending on what my post is about. Ideally they will be inclined to travel or hike to a place I have been.
Where do you see your blog 5 years from now?
I hope I will still be blogging at that time and that I will have plenty of posts dealing with hiking with my kids by then.
What have you learned from your blogging experience?
It’s only been two and a half months so far, but I’ve learned that I greatly enjoy it. I like interacting with like-minded bloggers and reading other blogs. I like seeing the followers and views increase and am always intrigued when I see I have views from different countries across the globe.
When you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
I’m not doing nearly as much hiking now, since I have a toddler and a one-year old. Instead I try to spend as much time as possible with my family and we try to be outside as much as we can. I’m currently working on my second book, And Then There Were Two, which is a memoir about being a new father. I also like to read, travel, and get outside with my camera.
Who is your greatest inspiration and why?
At this point, it’s my wife and kids. They inspire me to be the best person I can be.
Will you please list 5 items on your Summer 2016 Bucket List?
That’s a tough one. With my kids so young right now, I don’t have much of a short-term Bucket List. I want to spend as much time outside as possible this summer and start hiking with my soon-to-be 3-year old son. I really just want to do as many fun family-friendly activities that I can find outside. I also want to set aside more time for my wife and I.
If you could eat anything right now, what would it be?
A big, juicy steak.
Of all the destinations you’ve traveled, which is your favorite and why?
This is an extremely difficult question for me, because of all the amazing places I have been. I have also been asked this many times. I’d have to either go with Havasu Canyon or Glacier National Park. I wrote a post about my top ten places I have been.
What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Another tough one. Today, I’ll say Cookies n’ Cream.
I’ve chosen to nominate 5 bloggers. These are some of my favorite blogs that deal with hiking and/or travel:
- RVeganAdventures “A blog about RV living and traveling, climbing and vegan food eating. And we try to be funny sometimes.”
- Hike Snobs “Add life to your days, not days to your life.”
- Hikes and hot Sauce! “Join me as I venture into beautifully spicy worlds.”
- Weekend Campervanning
- That Hiking Blog “Living life one hike at a time.”
Rules for nomination:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers that you think are deserving of the award
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them
- Give them 11 questions of your own
Here are your questions:
- Will you please describe your blog in a few sentences?
- Why do you blog?
- What is your favorite place you have traveled to?
- What is your favorite National Park (if it is not the answer to question 3)?
- How long have you been blogging?
- When you’re not blogging, what are you doing?
- What is your favorite beer?
- What 5 places top your Travel Bucket List?
- How many states have you been to?
- What are your favorite hikes?
- What was your best wildlife sighting?