Sunshine Blogger Award
A couple of weeks ago, John and Katie from John and Katie’s RV Honeymoon nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award! It is an award exchanged among bloggers for those who are “are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere”. I am extremely honored and thankful to John and Katie. They have a fabulous blog that chronicles their many adventures while traveling in their RV. Definitely check out their blog if you haven’t already.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven other blogs and give them eleven questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
My answers to John and Katie’s questions:
1. What is your favorite time of year/where?
Autumn… unless I’m travelling out west, then it’s summertime.
2. What is your favorite type of tree?
That’s a tie between pine trees (Christmas trees) and sequoias.
3. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Italy. The farthest in the U.S. would be Olympic National Park in Washington.
4. What is the best restaurant you have ever eaten at?
That’s tough, I think I’ll go with Black and Blue. It’s a nice steakhouse and I love steak!
5. If you had to recommend a book to a stranger, what would that be?
Ooh, another tough one. Either Tuesday’s with Morrie by Mitch Albom, Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer, or Through Painted Deserts by Donald Miller.
6. What kind of camera do you use?
Canon Rebel Xs. I’d like to upgrade, though.
7. Why did you start a blog?
I wanted to share stories and photos from my travels.
8. What has been your biggest issue/mishap while travelling?
Hmmm, I haven’t had anything major. I did have to sleep in my car outside a rest stop in South Dakota because every hotel was booked for a couple hundred miles thanks to the Harley Rally in Sturgis. I’ve also run out of water on a couple of hikes and got my wife lost once.
9. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I actually posted a blog about this idea. Probably Lake Placid, Jackson, or Sedona.
10. What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever been?
Either Glacier National Park or Havasu Canyon
11. What is your favorite type of social media?
Facebook for fun and networking. Twitter for sports news and updates.
My blog nominations:
11 of my favorite travel and/or hiking blogs
My questions to my nominees:
What is (or was) your dream job?
What is your favorite National Park?
What is your favorite food?
What type of camera do you use?
Why did you start blogging?
How long have you been blogging?
What is your favorite animal?
What is your favorite beer?
What place is at the top of your Bucket List?
What is your favorite book?
What is your favorite state?
Thanks again to John and Katie for the nomination!
Have to 100% agree with Glacier being the most beautiful place! Nice answers, these types of posts are always fun to read 🙂
Thanks. I agree I like answering the questions and looking at other people’s answers, too.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love your answers and of course, agree on Glacier!! John was just talking about “Into the Wild” since we are discussing doing Alaska in the summer, will have to check your other recommendations out, too! Also glad you haven’t had too many travel mishaps, though getting your wife lost sounds pretty eventful! Lol thanks for your response! 🙂
I’m jealous. I need to eventually get to Alaska.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hope you do! It seems amazing!!