A couple of months ago I was nominated for the Liebster Award. It is my second time, after first getting the award last May. I was nominated this time by Diana, whose blog is Handstands Around the World. Her blog is one of my personal favorites, because she shares some awesome stories and photos from her travels. Like my blog, many of her posts have focused on the National Parks.
The Liebster Award was created in 2011 to encourage bloggers to discover and promote new and emerging blogs. So, thank you Diana for the nomination. I appreciate the recognition and definitely support networking and learning about new blogs.
If you are nominated to receive this award and you accept you must write a post following the rules below:
- Post about the award on your blog
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer their questions about yourself, feel free to add photos
- Nominate 5 – 10 people with fewer than 1000 followers, inform them via social media
- Write your own set of questions for your nominees
- Feel good about yourself for winning an award and passing it on
My responses to Diana’s Questions
1. Where are you from, and what is the most common stereotype or misconception about your home town/state/country?
Well, I live in the suburbs of Buffalo, New York, and I can say that Buffalo generally gets a bad wrap. I work on Main Street in the heart of downtown, and while there are certainly bad parts of the city, I can say that it has made a lot of progress over the last few years and definitely appears to be in the midst of a resurgence. It is cold and it gets plenty of snow, but it’s not a half bad place to live. Buffalo is also home to some amazing food. It’s famous for the chicken wings (we don’t call them Buffalo wings here), but it also has great pizza, beef on weck, and chicken finger subs among other things.
2. What is your least favorite part about traveling?
My favorite places to travel to are the National Parks of the west. The problem is it requires more than 24 hours of driving just to get out there. That and the fact I have two small children is why I haven’t been out that way in a while. We have flown to some warmer destinations in the past few years, but my least favorite part of that is flying with the kids. It’s just not that fun with them being so young. We haven’t let that totally deter us, though.
3. What is your favorite animal?
That’s tough. I don’t really have one favorite animal. My favorite animals that I’ve spotted in the wild are moose and grizzly bears. I’m also a big fan of elephants.
4. Summer or winter? Why?
I prefer autumn. Between summer or winter I would definitely say summer. I’m just not into any winter sports or activities.
5. What is the best food you’ve ever had while traveling?
There’s been a few. I’m a huge fan of the Santa Fe Chicken at Dean’s South of the Border in Punta Gorda, Florida. It includes bbq sauce, cheese, and bacon; so that’s hard to beat. I once had an amazing margherita pizza and gelato in Florence, Italy. I have one more. I had a delicious meal of sweet potato fries and a grilled chicken sandwich at Two Sister’s Cafe in Babb, Montana just outside Glacier National Park.
- Beartooth Brothers – Three brothers with a lot of hiking experience in the Beartooth Mountains.
- Up Up and Away – Matt and Eva share stories of their travels all over the world.
- Adventure Dawgs – Tales of travel and adventure with three dogs along for the ride.
- Sorry Son: Chronicles of a New Dad – Lessons and misadventures of a new dad.
- Nomad Advocate – Travis has a new blog that has tons of info and news on National Parks.
My questions to the above nominees are:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- What place is atop your bucket list?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite book?
- What are your favorite things to do when you’re not blogging?
- Do you travel with children?